Tuesday 26 March 2013

What do you know about electricity?


what is electricity
We use electricity everyday in many machines, for example; laptop, television, fans .etc. Electricity is very dangerous. Little children when reach the wall socket, they think that if there is a hole in the wall why don’t we put something in it! Like this they push hairpins or pencils. And if they find nothing they push their own little fingers into the wall socket! And if they get an electricity shock it hurts them badly and sometimes they
are also killed. We must always warn little children. We must use electricity very carefully. A flash of electricity in the air is called lightening. The electricity in the wall socket is called mains electricity


MY SAFETY RULES

1.           Never switch on and off an electric appliance with wet hands.
2.         Never put a metal object in an electric appliance.
3.         Do not poke anything in wall socket.
4.         Do not plug too many machines in only one socket.
5.         Do not use a machine with broken wires.
6.         Do not put wires in a wall socket without plug.
7.         Never try to use an electric appliance without asking any elder.
8.         Never carry a heavy electric machine or you might break it.
9.         Don’t plug anything into wall socket if the switch is on.
10.      Don’t try to open any electric appliance.

THE DAY WHEN I GOT A SHOCK OF ELECTRICITY!
My mother used to tell me that how to use electricity. I always thought that my mother does not want me touch any electric appliance that’s why she tells me all this, but one day I did got an electric shock! I was waiting for my father who had taken the Central Processing Unit (C.P.U) to the shop because it was not working properly. When he came back me and my sister were very happy. When my father was changing his clothes in the washroom, my mother was busy cooking and my sister was watching television I went in to the bedroom and started feeling the C.P.U to see if I get any electric shock. When felt   I came to the right side I felt an electric shock! It was not a big one so I quickly pulled my hand away from it. Then I stood in a lazy position and started staring at the C.P.U so that if anyone will see he/she will think that I am just looking at it. Just then, my mother saw me and said, ’’Rawish, please do not touch the C.P.U else it will give you an electric shock.’’ Then I went away quietly thinking that my mother was right.
HOW TO AVOID ELECTRIC SHOCK.
If someone gets an electric shock, do try to help him/her but carefully. If you want to pull somebody away from a wall socket, first wrap up your hands with a cloth or wear gloves.  Don’t try to touch the person with wet hands or you will get an electric shock also.  When the person is free from the electric shock, make him/her on a stool or chair made of wood or plastic. If you get an electric shock don’t just call for help but try to pull yourself away. And don’t touch electric appliances so that you can't get electric shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment